Welcome to the Center for Student Engagement’s CampusGroups HQ Page! From tutorial videos to a comprehensive FAQ list, this page is designed to help our Hoyas navigate our new engagement platform.
Haven’t used CampusGroups before? Visit our new virtual engagement platform here!
Can’t find an answer to your question on this page, or have feedback we can use to improve? Email us! firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I send emails outside of my organization and/or to individuals not in CampusGroups?
- A: Yes! When creating the email, add other email addresses to your list in Step 2 “Review the List of Recipients” by clicking on the “Add Cc, Bcc email addresses.” Copy and paste the recipients in the appropriate Bcc or Cc dialogue box, making sure to separate the addresses by commas. You can also send the email to CampusGroup premade lists like undergraduates, etc.
Q: My group hasn’t appeared, what do I do?/Has my group been registered?
- A: You will need to register your organization on CampusGroups and have your form approved using this link. Alternatively, if your organization has been inactive for a period of time (e.g., lost ATB for a semester), you will need to contact your advisor to reactive your page.
Q: Can I add my own virtual event link?
- A: Yes! When creating your event, add the link under video conferencing in the “Where” section.
Q: Does an officer have to manage the event, or can any member of the organization manage it?
- A: No! When creating the event, under “Organizing Team,” you can add a custom host. Additionally, if you want only team members (officers) or the event organizer to be able to manage the event, simply click the box labelled “only the event organizer and team members (officers) can manage this event.”
Q: How do students know about or register for one of our events?
- A: The events tab on CampusGroups shows all events created by organizations in CampusGroups. You can also fill out our Campus Groups Advertising Support form to request that your event be posted on the CSE social media and/or on the CSE weekly “What’s Happening on the Hilltop.”
Q: How quickly will I see a transaction reflected on CampusGroups?
- A: Because we are still working to fully implement all of the features on CampusGroups, please reach out to your advisor for any questions regarding transactions.
Q: Can fundraisers be done through CampusGroups?
- A: Yes! If you’re looking to fundraise for your organization, please reach out to your advisor.
Q: Can I change my notification settings?
- A: Click on the bell icon in the top right corner. A blue banner with a wrench and the writing “Notification Settings” appears under the tab. Click on the banner and select settings for web, email, and mobile notifications for CampusGroups generally and specific groups you are a member of.
Q: Can I set events to reoccur?
- A: No, but you can duplicate the event and change the date! Duplicate the event by selecting the 3 dots that appear next to the event in your group’s upcoming events page.
Q: Who can see my feed post?
- A: You can select different audiences when creating a post using the “Share with” tab. If you access the main feed for all of CampusGroups, everyone can view it if you elect that setting. If you access your group’s feed, you can select which group or which group member tags (e.g. undergraduates in your group) can see the post.
Q: Where do I find the forms my organization needs this semester for the CSE and other organizations?
- A: For CSE forms, like the payment request form, log-onto Campus Groups, navigate to the CSE group page, and click on “Surveys and Forms” on the right side bar. This is where you’ll find all the important forms and documents from the CSE that you will need this virtual semester and moving forward! If you need forms for a different club or department, navigate to their group page and click on “Surveys and Forms” on the right side bar.